How to Make the Perfect Smoothie Bowl

If you’ve read any bio post about me, you know I love smoothie bowls! I was honestly surprised that when asked, many of my followers (made friends) had never had a smoothie bowl! I decided I needed to fix that ASAP, and here I am with the tutorial on how to make the perfect smoothie bowl + 4 delicious recipes. Let’s get started!

Step 1: Choose your ingredients 

This step is so important! Yet it can be so easy. I basically blend up a bunch of frozen fruit, baby spinach and/or frozen broccoli or celery (weird, but if you only do a piece or 2 you can hardly taste it- and it’s so good for you!), my milk/yogurt/water, and then any add-ins.

Here are some of my fave add-ins:


Step 2: Blend it all up 

Next, just add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth! If your blender is having a hard time blending it all up, add more liquid.


Step 3: Top it off! 

This is the best part! You get to top your smoothie bowl with anything you’d like. Toppings make the smoothie bowl!

Here are some of my fave toppings:

The recipes listed below can be changed to fit however you like! Add a handful of spinach, switch out a frozen fruit, or add an add-in! They’re super simple, but I hope they give you some ideas and inspiration.


perfect_smoothie_bowl

Berry Lovers



perfect_smoothie_bowl



Strawberries ‘n’ Cream 

 (recipe by Lindsay Hunt via buzzfeed.com)

perfect_smoothie_bowl


Tropical Paradise 


This recipe would be AWESOME with frozen pineapple as well! (my smoothie bowl is green because I added spinach)




perfect_smoothie_bowl


Açaí by Cambria Joy 

 (recipe by Cambria Joy)


Well there ya go! I hope you will now go make yourself a smoothie bowl. If you do, I’d LOVE for you to DM me or tag me in your post on Instagram! Which smoothie bowl recipe looks the best to you?

“Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!”
 Psalm 34:8

perfect_smoothie_bowl

Labels: , , , ,